Background

Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 4

Because I want to keep up with my miles for this run I'm gonna go ahead and just post my Week 4 stats.  I'm sure I could find more to run my mouth about but I'm a little sleepy tonight! 

SJHM Training 
Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: 3.5 mile run and strength train 
Wednesday: 2 mile run
Thursday: 2 mile walk
Friday: 3 mile run
Saturday: 6.35 mile run
Sunday: 8 mile bike ride
Total Running Miles this week: 14.85
Total Running Miles during Training: 47.60

So far I'm still feeling pretty good about this race. I'm looking forward to the actual course being flatter than what I train on each day.  There are good days and some days that I am exhausted, sore, too busy to run, tired, on, and on, and on..... But usually I feel pretty good when I'm done! Each run is one step closer to the finish line! I always get emotional during runs.  Especially if it is something that I have trained for for a long time or if it's a "new goal" met for me.  I know this run will be especially awesome because of the cause that I am helping to promote.  I try to remember the struggles of the patients at St. Jude and the endurance and strength that they use to fight their diseases each day.  I have raised $275 dollars so far.  My goal is $500.  I read somewhere that it cost $1,000,000 to run St. Jude each day.  I know my $500 is pennies compared to that, but I hope it will make some sort of difference! You can visit my page to help out and donate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment