Background

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Back to School- Again! :0

So today I finally finished my grad school application and got it all turned in.  I have had everything completed except for the essay portion for quite a while now.  I obviously was not looking forward to that part of the process.  I thought it might be a bad sign that I was already procrastinating on writing when applying for grad school (where it has been told to me that one does ALOT of writing). Anyways I sat down, got serious, did my research, and wrote.  The process was pretty painless.

 I noticed that I mentioned in my first post that I don't look forward to learning new things.  I think I'm going to have to go back on that statement.  I actually love learning/doing new things. I think it's more so the lack of confidence in myself and my abilities that hold me back.  Over the past three years I have taken on several personal challenges and completed them beyond my own expectations. These challenges at some point always seemed very daunting and impossible to undertake often causing me to procrastinate on getting started, however; the task was always doable once I decided to stop pressuring myself so much and just put one foot in front of another.  Sometimes I forget that it's small steps that get you farther. As long as I am persistent, small steps help me build endurance to reach my end goal. There is nothing more rewarding when I am finished to look back at something that I once thought was going to be next to impossible and see the outcome of my work, give myself a pat on the back, and build up my confidence a little bit at a time.

So I guess this is my first baby step at grad school. It took me SEVEN years to graduate undergrad.  I think I was just scared of the real world, until I had to start paying for it financially and mentally speaking.  Anyways, I'm pretty excited about it now.  Excited to take on a new challenge and to learn new things.  I hopefully will better my education and in turn and most importantly better that of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment