Background

Friday, July 1, 2011

Back to School!

So this has been an exciting and busy week for me! Last Friday I was a offered a first grade teaching position at Bramlett Elementary School in Oxford!!! Monday I was officially board approved.  Tuesday I went to the school to check out my new "office."  The previous tenant retired and left me A LOT of stuff for which I was very grateful.  Most of my things are third grade and above material and I was short on grade appropriate materials.  I spent Wednesday sifting through the stuff and discarding anything that was obviously from the 80s or before. Thursday I organized and got my things into their new home, and today I spent "coloring" and making bulletin boards pretty.  My room is ready for my new first grade class!!!

I'm so glad to have that part completed because I am spending the next week with my mom and brother on the BEACH and then the school is closed until the 25th for waxing. If you know me at all, you would have known that I would not have relaxed a bit until I had my room together and ready to go! With that being said, I still have a lot of planning to do to get ready for the academic portion of my job.  I do know for sure that my students will have a very inviting room to start their first grade careers in.

Did I tell you that it takes me UNDER 5 minutest to get work!?!?!?! FIVE minutes!!!! It's completely awesome. I feel very lucky to have been offered this position and was at most expecting to be an assistant for a year or two to get my foot in the door.  Let me just say, PERSISTENCE PAYS!!!  I'm guessing that my short 2 years of experience at Tupelo and good recommendations from my wonderful principals at Pierce Street also played in my favor.  I will miss my coworkers in Tupelo and grew so much from my time and experience there, but I'm feeling tremendously fortunate to be working near home. I finally feel like I live here and we can get life rollin...

I also was admitted into grad school at Ole Miss and registered for two night classed for the fall.  A month ago my plate was empty, now it is full. I love it! I'm excited to be going back to school and hope to absorb a lot of great things to incorporate into my classroom and with my students.

Brandon is off of work for the next few days and we are excited to spend some good quality down time together over the holiday weekend and before I go out of town.  I'm sure he would prefer to lay around the house and do nothing, but because this is all I have done all summer I'm sure I'll be dragging him around more than he will enjoy (Maybe shopping trip?!?!).  The great thing about Brandon and one reason I married him is because he won't complain.  He'll just smile and say "sure babe, whatever you wanna do."  I'll will of course take him into consideration and try to make the time enjoyable for him as  well.  He'll have a whole week without my bothersome ways to recuperate.  :) Oh and congrats to Joe and Patty on their wedding tomorrow!  Can't wait to go and see our friends live happily ever after, and our other friends, Lea and Andrew should be landing in Hawaii right about now to start a new chapter in their lives.  CAN'T WAIT to come and and visit!!! ALOHA!!! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment