Background

Monday, July 18, 2011

Goals for the Week

I have a great personal trainer who is typically a very positive person.  He has made even more apparent to me that I on the other hand am not.  He has done this in a way not by telling me but by showing me through my own words and actions how tough I can be on myself and faith in life.  Yes, the goodness of life.  I have never like to call myself "negative" and am actually offended when described this way.  I prefer "realistic." 

My thoughts are that if you don't set yourself up with high expectations, beliefs, or too much faith in anything, then you don't set your self up for disappointment. The blow, if there is one, won't hurt so bad. 
This is a problem I struggle with in ALL areas of my life.  Relationships, personal goals, self perception, etc. 

Why am I always looking for or believing in the so called negative?  Maybe when the positive comes around it will be a more rewarding?  Maybe I let other people's negative vibes infiltrate me? Maybe if I think negatively about my abilities then I don't have to believe that I can actually do something therefore giving myself an excuse to give up or not try? Maybe because being positive takes a little more work and effort than being negative?   

I have accomplished many awesome things in my life.  I've done things and been blessed with things and experiences that  many people will never get the chance to know. I have a tough spirit that always prevails when it wants to.  If I REALLY want something then typically I ALWAYS get it.   Whether I get it through begging and pleading, persistence, hard work, or maybe it's just handed over to me, I pretty much always get what I REALLY want.  I'm speaking of tangible things and non tangible.  I have a intrinsic hate for being told no.  That's why I appreciate being wholly in control of life, BUT we all know that we are not the ones in control.  

That's where faith comes in.  Won't you agree with me that faith and positiveness can go hand in hand? Yes, I also need to work on my faith. The faith in good.  The faith that people won't always let you down.  The faith that good things can happen even if the odds look really slim.  The faith that you can accomplish anything you dream about accomplishing.  Whether it's losing 20 pounds, scoring that job you really want, furthering your education, taking a dream vacation, encouraging and helping others, the list goes on and on.  When I look back on just the past 10 years of my life I see many many low times, but then I see how I dug out of those and made something awesome out of it.  So does that mean that maybe my positive nature mostly grows out of negative?  Who knows, but I'm about to start a new weekly post. It's going to be "Simply Positive Sundays." 

According to Facebook, my trainer always seems to have a new goal at the beginning of the week.  I think that's a fabulous way to start off the week and set your eye on something that you really want. It doesn't have to be a huge goal, but like I have said before, small, persistent steps build great endurance. 
Being positive is more of a mind set and I'm thinking it will take longer than a week, so....

Goal 1: Begin working on having a more positive mind set 
Goal 2: Learn to take a compliment (this is part of being so negative toward myself), and while you're at it give a few compliments!
Goal 3: Sunday -Friday stick to < or equal to 1600 calories a day (Accomplished today!!!) 
Goal 4: Get in a good work out at least 6 days this week! Positive note: It makes my body feel so much better to workout, like I can do anything in the world.  This is positive right?!?!  
Goal 5: Drink at LEAST 2 liters of water a day.  (Working up to a gallon eventually) 
Goal 6: Don't forget to see the good in each day, in the moment, not in reflection. Remember the best, forget the rest! 

PS- Thank you AJ for not only teaching me in how to keep my body in shape but helping me see that it is important to also keep my mind in shape. I'll always be a work in progress.  I'm thankful for people who do have faith in the ability to get what you want and see the sunny side of every situation. 

Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment